POMPEY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Shelby Miner had a legitimate shot at advancing to the State Tournament earlier this week.
The 15-year-old bowler from Pompey has a bright future in the sport.
Her mother watched nearby, taking in every moment as Shelby competed. Her mother didn’t know if she would ever bowl again.
Shelby was involved in a crash in December 2018 that claimed the life of her father Bill. Shelby was seriously injured and was in the hospital for weeks.
“For a while, I didn’t even know I did bowl. For a little bit I couldn’t bowl because I wasn’t physically strong enough,” Shelby said. “It was always my motivation.”
She was able to find the strength to bowl again and gets stronger every day. She had a strong showing at Secitonals.
Click below to see her full interview and how she continues to honor her father’s legacy by bowling.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- COVID-19 vaccine religious exemptions: Where do different religions stand on COVID-19 vaccinations?
- Peyton Manning claims Patriots had microphone in his locker
- Newsfeed Now: Search for Brian Laundrie continues in Gabby Petito case; Federal government shutdown possible as debt rises
- New Tik Tok challenge raising concerns at schools across the country
- Johnson & Johnson says booster dose of its COVID vaccine prompts strong response
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9