POMPEY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Shelby Miner had a legitimate shot at advancing to the State Tournament earlier this week.
The 15-year-old bowler from Pompey has a bright future in the sport.
Her mother watched nearby, taking in every moment as Shelby competed. Her mother didn’t know if she would ever bowl again.
Shelby was involved in a crash in December 2018 that claimed the life of her father Bill. Shelby was seriously injured and was in the hospital for weeks.
“For a while, I didn’t even know I did bowl. For a little bit I couldn’t bowl because I wasn’t physically strong enough,” Shelby said. “It was always my motivation.”
She was able to find the strength to bowl again and gets stronger every day. She had a strong showing at Secitonals.
Click below to see her full interview and how she continues to honor her father’s legacy by bowling.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Rapid COVID-19 testing hard to find in CNY area
- American flag torn, burned during protest at Ithaca Police Department
- 1 killed in multi-vehicle crash in Jefferson Co.
- WATCH: Seasonably cool with lake effect showers to start October
- Syracuse University announces plans for permanent, inside testing center at the Carrier Dome
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9