POMPEY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Shelby Miner had a legitimate shot at advancing to the State Tournament earlier this week.
The 15-year-old bowler from Pompey has a bright future in the sport.
Her mother watched nearby, taking in every moment as Shelby competed. Her mother didn’t know if she would ever bowl again.
Shelby was involved in a crash in December 2018 that claimed the life of her father Bill. Shelby was seriously injured and was in the hospital for weeks.
“For a while, I didn’t even know I did bowl. For a little bit I couldn’t bowl because I wasn’t physically strong enough,” Shelby said. “It was always my motivation.”
She was able to find the strength to bowl again and gets stronger every day. She had a strong showing at Secitonals.
Click below to see her full interview and how she continues to honor her father’s legacy by bowling.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Daily Pledge: Fremont Elementary School, 5th Grade, Ms. Polak – February 19th
- WATCH: Two rounds of lake effect snow will impact CNY Wednesday and Thursday
- OCC men and women close out regular season with a pair of wins
- CBA/JD opens the Section III postseason with win over Cazenovia
- F-M product Anthony Angello scores first NHL goal with the Pittsburgh Penguins
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9