FAYETTEVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — All students at Fayetteville Elementary School and Wellwood Middle School will be learning remotely Friday, after a teacher tested positive for COVID-19.
The teacher was shared between the elementary and middle school, so both of the schools will be closed and students will learn remotely out of an abundance of caution.
The district says they are following all guidance provided by the Onondaga County Department of Health.
With school being closed on Monday in observance of Yom Kippur, Fayetteville Elementary School and Wellwood Middle School will resume with their hybrid learning models on Tuesday, September 29.
F-M High School returns to in-person learning on Friday, after it was announced on Wednesday that a student tested positive for the virus.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Company of SU and OCC grads still finalizing Shark Tank deal
- What’s Going Around: CNY children dealing with colds, sore throats
- Free COVID-19 testing being offered in Fulton by appointment only
- Manlius Arts Cinema eager to roll film and reopen Friday, Oct. 23
- Newsfeed Now transforms for campaign coverage as election approaches
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.