CENTRAL NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — DeWitt-based Feldmeier Equipment has put in the top bid to buy Empire Farm Brewery in Cazenovia, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in August.
Feldmeier offered $3.4 million during a bankruptcy auction on Monday.
A bankruptcy court has to approve the purchase before it becomes final. A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday morning in federal court in Utica.
Feldmeier tells NewsChannel 9 that it is excited about carrying on what Empire has started and are evaluating the options.
Feldmeier makes steel tanks and vessels for a wide variety of industry including bio-tech and pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and dairy, beverage and brewery.
Feldmeier made the tanks Empire uses to make beer at its Cazenovia brewery.
According to bankruptcy filings Empire owed Feldmeier nearly $300,000.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Crowds attack Democratic Party HQ in Portland, ICE building
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Local boy receives award for saving his mother’s life
- Concern over COVID-19 vaccine allotment in Central New York
- Gov. Cuomo directs flags lowered to half-staff in honor of soldiers killed in military helicopter crash
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9