LYNCOURT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Multiple fire crews were at the scene of a house fire in Lyncourt last night.
The call went out around 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 400-block of Kenwick Drive, near Woodlawn Cemetery.
When fire crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the house. NewsChannel 9 has been told that everyone inside got out safely.
Fire crews talked about some of the difficulties they encountered.
“The residents had a lot of material and their living conditions weren’t top par, so we immediately go to outside operations,” said Lyncourt Fire Chief Brian Shields.
The house is likely a total loss. No one was hurt. The cause is under investigation.
The cause of the fire is unknown at this time. At least five fire departments have responded along with AMR Ambulance and the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Friday Night Fever: Section III basketball playoff highlights
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59
- UNC ends 7-game losing streak, sweeps season set against NC State in 85-79 win
- WATCH: Light rain and wet snow for CNY tonight
- Liverpool schools considering redistricting, possibly eliminating an elementary school
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9