(WSYR-TV) — Another reminder to stay safe this holiday weekend and all summer as the Syracuse Fire Department has already been called to 21 fireworks-related safety incidents this summer.
The way to stay safe is to stay away from illegal fireworks. These include cherry bombs and bottle rockets.
Remember, sparklers and snappers are allowed.
But, make sure to keep your kids away from all fireworks as the fire department said any firework can cause serious burns.
So far, 18 people have been issued appearance tickets for illegal fireworks in the city.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Milk giveaway to be held Tuesday in Fulton
- Surprise for Skaneateles Volunteer Fire Department member of 60 years
- Bills CB E.J. Gaines opts out of 2020 season
- Bills S Jordan Poyer says team facility is like “night and day different”
- Bills QB Josh Allen improving from year two to year three
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.