SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The first of many public meetings about the New York State Department of Transportation’s plans for I-81 happened virtually on Tuesday and in-person Wednesday.
The hearings are part of the public comment period that runs until September.
In July, the State DOT released an updated plan to remove the I-81 viaduct through Downtown Syracuse, rerouting interstate traffic to I-481 and bolstering city streets with improved flow and new options.
A full list of remaining public meetings can be found below.
- August 24: Lincoln Middle School, 1613 James Street, Syracuse
- August 25: Fowler High School, 227 Magnolia Street, Syracuse
- August 26: HW Smith School, 1130 Salt Springs Road, Syracuse
- August 31: Grimshaw Elementary School, 5957 Route 20, Lafayette
- September 1: Chestnut Hill Middle School, 204 Saslon Park Drive, Liverpool
- September 8: Mott Road Elementary School, 7173 Mott Road, Fayetteville
- September 9: Dr. King Elementary School, 416 E. Raynor Avenue, Syracuse
- September 13: Cicero-North Syracuse High School, 6002 Route 31, Cicero