(WSYR-TV) — Local fitness center owners, members and Assembly Member Al Stirpe believe it is time for gyms to get the green light to reopen.
“We’ll never know if we can reopen gyms safely unless we give it a shot,” said Deputy Commissioner of Business Development for the City of Syracuse, Jennifer Tifft.
It’s a great place to go and de-stress, workout and feel better. But some people go there for real medical reasons. You know they have diabetes, they have hypertension, high blood pressure, obesity. I mean there’s a whole list of reasons people go there. This is important.Assemblyman Al Stirpe
Stirpe said that most small businesses are willing and able to carry out safe operations.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Canceling the parade, stolen PPE, five deaths in a day: Central New York’s ‘Dark Days’ of the pandemic
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Entire Skaneateles School District to go to remote learning Friday after positive COVID-19 test
- Where are they now?: Tessa Devereaux
- Fayetteville Elementary School teacher tests positive for COVID-19, school will go to remote learning Friday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.