SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Florida man was arrested at Syracuse Hancock International Airport on Wednesday after the Transportation Security Administration says he had a loaded gun at the checkpoint.
The TSA public affairs spokeswoman posted this photo. She says the man claims he did not know he had the loaded handgun with him when he approached the checkpoint. After being questioned, he was arrested on a weapons charge.
The TSA says the same man was caught about three weeks ago with a different loaded gun at the airport in Ithaca.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident
- ‘My buddy Jeff needs a kidney’; Colorado man searches for kidney donor for himself with help from his pup
- Baby on board: Tampa Bay woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- Buffalo Police Officers who pushed protester now suspended with pay
- Boeheim’s Army takes court today in TBT
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9