SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Florida man was arrested at Syracuse Hancock International Airport on Wednesday after the Transportation Security Administration says he had a loaded gun at the checkpoint.
The TSA public affairs spokeswoman posted this photo. She says the man claims he did not know he had the loaded handgun with him when he approached the checkpoint. After being questioned, he was arrested on a weapons charge.
The TSA says the same man was caught about three weeks ago with a different loaded gun at the airport in Ithaca.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Hackers break into Ring security cameras across the nation
- Syracuse Police to assist with Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign
- WATCH: Dry into Friday but rain to start the weekend
- United States and China near trade deal that would suspend planned tariffs
- Cayuga County holds public hearing on potential Styrofoam ban
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9