NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — Former Republican Congressman Chris Collins will learn his fate on Friday after pleading guilty to insider trading in October.
Collins is set to be sentenced on Friday, and federal prosecutors are recommending he serves around four years in prison.
Collins and two other men are accused of using confidential information about a bio-pharmaceutical company to avoid nearly $800,000 in stock losses.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Man fires gunshots at Syracuse police officer early Saturday morning, suspect has not been located
- Syracuse brings the fight, but top-ranked Clemson overpowers the Orange 47-21
- Halloween forecast filled with tricks or treats this year?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9