PULASKI, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A crash in Pulaski on Tuesday night sent four people to the hospital, including a one-year-old. The crash happened on Interstate 81 northbound near the Pulaski exit around 9 p.m. Tuesday.
State Police say Darien Hill, 22, of Watertown, was using her cell phone when she hit a pickup truck and a guard rail. A passing car, driven by Amber Mitchell, 21, of Fort Drum, then hit Hill’s car and a tow truck on the shoulder of the road.
Mitchell was taken to Upstate University Hospital with internal injuries. Two passengers in her car and a passenger in the tow truck were treated for minor injuries.
Hill was ticketed for using her cell phone and for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- Colgate locks up Patriot League regular season title with win over Holy Cross
- Syracuse Crunch blow a two-goal lead falling in overtime at Springfield
- Man in ‘serious condition’ after being shot multiple times in a parking lot
- Music enthusiasts had tons of options to shop for at the Vinyl Record & CD Fair
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9