BREWERTON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — When Andrew Donovan first visited the Brewster Family from Brewerton, the masterminds behind the “Lights on Jacob Lane,” five-year-old Elliot was only one and three-year-old Kane wasn’t even born.
As their family has grown inside the house, the light display has grown outside.
Greg, who has a background in Broadway technical lighting and teaches the topic at SUNY Oswego, still has 20 hours of programming work that control the thousands of pixels and lights outside.
Thursday, the show will start its regular performances for cars parked along Jacob Lane.
An even bigger day is Monday, when the Brewster Family competes on ABC’s “Great Christmas Light Fight,” one of the families part of the show’s season premiere.
ABC spent three days last year recording the family and their light display, and finally, Central New York will find out if they won.
The Great Christmas Light Fight airs at 8 p.m. Monday on NewsChannel 9.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warmer, breezy, pleasant first full day of Fall
- Breanna Stewart powers Seattle to Game One win over Minnesota
- First Student Syracuse bus garage grand opening on Wednesday
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Runway work complete at Hancock International Airport
For more local news, follow Andrew Donovan on Twitter @AndrewDonovan