SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Three-time Olympic gold medalist gymnast Gabby Douglas, 23, will appear at Union College’s Memorial Chapel at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
“A Conversation With Gabby Douglas” is a student-moderated event with the gymnastics superstar.
Her position on the U.S. gymnastics team at the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics cemented her place in history as the first African American to win an individual all-around gold medal.
Douglas was the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual all-around and team competitions.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Josh Duggar asks for child pornography trial to be delayed until 2022
- Syracuse students sow seeds of change with community garden
- SUNY Chancellor approves pay raises for Upstate nurses, making hospital more competitive with St. Joe’s and Crouse
- US senators unveil legislation to crack down on cybercrimes
- Lawyer of Syracuse man arrested for Capitol riots: Greene had ‘limited involvement’ in Proud Boys
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9