SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Three-time Olympic gold medalist gymnast Gabby Douglas, 23, will appear at Union College’s Memorial Chapel at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
“A Conversation With Gabby Douglas” is a student-moderated event with the gymnastics superstar.
Her position on the U.S. gymnastics team at the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics cemented her place in history as the first African American to win an individual all-around gold medal.
Douglas was the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual all-around and team competitions.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Syracuse’s 1st virtual tree lighting
- Empire Center report: The problem with special education funding in N.Y.
- No charges to be filed in accident on Thruway that killed 2 Baldwinsville children
- Free COVID-19 testing clinics for asymptomatic people coming to Cayuga County next week
- Governor Cuomo says a vaccine is months away, develops distribution plan
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9