(CNN) – A staple snack food is getting an upgrade.
Campbell is launching a line of veggie Goldfish crackers. The plant-based snacks will come in two flavors – sweet carrot and cheesy tomato.
The crackers include ingredients sourced from real carrots and tomatoes. They’ll hit grocery store shelves starting Jan. 1 and should be available nationwide by March.
Research chefs at Campbell say the veggie Goldfish provide a way for parents to introduce more vegetables into their children’s diets.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- Texas woman who received $9,300 electricity bill files class action lawsuit
- Pres. Biden visits Texas, meets with leaders to learn aftermath of the deadly winter storms
- When is Donald Trump speaking at CPAC?
- CDC director: Now is not the time to relax COVID-19 restrictions
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9