LAFAYETTE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Friday saw temperatures reach above 50 degrees, and in Central New York that’s golfing weather.
At Orchard Vali Golf Course in Lafayette, golfers took advantage of the chance to play 18 in December.
“We had a guy that just came in this morning and he was leaving for Florida tomorrow so I wanted to get some practice in,” said Bob VanAuken, Director of Golf for Orchard Vali. The course plans on being open on Saturday as well.
Even with the warmer temperatures, the ice rink in Clinton Square was crowded Friday. Several people took advantage to have winter fun in spring-like weather.
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Coach Dino Babers has ‘no doubt’ that Orange can clean up mistakes after 0-2 start
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- Package containing ricin, an extremely potent toxin, addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Syracuse offense struggles again in loss to 25th ranked Pittsburgh