SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Friday was a monumental day for Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The staff is celebrating ten years of service and that wasn’t the only reason to get excited up on the hill.
It was announced that Tom Golisano will donate $3 million for a new Golisano Center for Special Needs. The money will renovate a space currently being used just down the street on Harrison and will help cut the wait times for patients to see physicians.
“Many of these services are a part of the system already, but the are spread all over campus and all over the area, so this brings them together and allows them to work together and be more coordinated for families and their children,” said Ann Costello, Executive Director of the Golisano Foundation.
The new facility is expected to be open by spring of 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sunsets 5 p.m. or later from now on
- WATCH: Windy and snowy Sunday afternoon
- Titans, Chiefs set to battle for AFC title
- 49ers, Packers on verge of Super Bowl return
- Chiefs’ Frank Clark on Derrick Henry: “I see no difficulty in tackling him”
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9