SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — From now through Dec. 18, the Central New York Family Bicycle Giveaway Foundation will be collecting bicycles in any condition.
Bikes will be repaired and given away to families in need on Dec. 19.
The bikes are being collected every day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
The foundation, and its founder, Jan Maloff, will be working with the Syracuse Police Department and the Syracuse Teachers Association to identify needy families.
The organization hopes to collect 2,000 bikes this year. It says the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased demand for bicycles has caused the price of bike parts to triple.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video
- New Oneida Co. Commissioners explain changes made to prevent NY-22 mistakes from happening again
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Expect delays in downtown Syracuse as milling and paving begin on Clinton St.
- WATCH: See photos/videos of storm damage in CNY from the severe weather Monday
- WATCH: Fall feel Tuesday with a light rain/drizzle to start the day
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9