ALBANY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In the wake of a deadly attack on a kosher market in Jersey City, Governor Cuomo directed New York State Police to assign troopers near synagogues and Jewish communities.
Jersey City’s mayor says police believe the market was targeted in the gun battle that killed six people.
A police officer, three bystanders and two suspects were killed in the deadly attack.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Science Experiment: Oozy Pumpkin
- Recent Listeria infection outbreak traced back to deli meat, CDC says
- Anxiety 2020: Voters worry about safety at the polls
- Daily Pledge: Sophia, Stella, Brooke, and Alana from Baldwinsville – October 28th
- Cazenovia High School moves to remote learning for October 28th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9