SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Reading League held the grand opening of their new Syracuse headquarters on Wednesday. Their new location is on Wyoming Street.
The organization also announced that they’ll now be offering the option of a paid subscription to the Reading League Journal, to help further their mission.
“We intend to not just work in Central New York, we are now a national organization as well, so establishing reading leagues elsewhere,” said Dr. Maria Murray Founder and CEO of The Reading League.
The journal will be published three times a year starting this January.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- This week, NewsChannel 9 goes “On The Trail” with candidates for Mayor of Syracuse
- NYSDOT recruiting, hiring plow drivers ahead of winter weather season
- 2 campers dead after a fatal fire in Tupper Lake
- Rare ‘flesh-eating’ STD on the rise in UK, doctor warns
- Syracuse Opera Returns With “The Impresario”
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9