GROTON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — After claims of physical and sexual abuse, a 19-year-old Groton man has been charged after turning himself in.
Dakota Burhans has been charged with rape, unlawful imprisonment and obstruction of breathing.
Cortland County Sheriff’s deputies said that Burhans turned himself in after an investigation into a domestic violence complaint in Cincinnatus last week on January 22 and 23.
Burhans will be back in court on Wednesday night.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Congress scrambles to avoid government shutdown
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Governor Cuomo outlines challenges with vaccine distribution
- US panel votes in favor to provide healthcare personnel and long-term care residents first COVID-19 vaccine shots
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9