FAYETTEVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of women, taking a life every 80 seconds! On Thursday night, those with the American Heart Association worked to fight back.
Thursday, the Handbags Helping Hearts Fundraiser took place at the Stickley Audi & Company showroom in Fayetteville. The lady’s night and purse auction benefits Go Red For Women.
The event gave the ladies a chance to think about themselves for a bit, while also focusing on heart health.
“Make the small changes in your life, to put those numbers in a healthy range,” said Bea González, Go Red for Women Campaign Chairperson. “It’s not about size, it’s not about age, it’s really about how you live your life.”
The event helped raise $20,000 for Go Red for Women.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9