SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse firefighters battled a Gertrude Street house fire early Friday morning in the Hawley Green neighborhood.
The call came in just before 3 a.m. with reports of flames shooting out of the home on the 300-block of Gertrude Street between Oak and Fountain streets.
Some firefighters were inside the home when the fire became too dangerous for interior operations.
A spokesperson for the Syracuse Fire Department tells NewsChannel 9 the home’s porch collapsed and all firefighters were called out of the home.
There are three apartments in the home with 10 people inside when the fire started. All residents made it out safely, according to the SFD.
Firefighters also rescued a dog from one of the home’s windows. The condition of the dog is unknown.
Residents were alerted to the fire thanks to working smoke detectors inside the home, according to Syracuse Fire Chief Michael Monds.
There have not been reports of any injuries to residents or firefighters.