SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A 15-year-old Henninger High School student has been arrested after police say he lit a 14-year-old girl’s hair on fire.
Syracuse Police say the teen was walking by the girl around noon when he lit a lighter near her hair. It caught on fire, but was quickly put out. The victim was not injured, but is now missing a patch of hair.
The teen boy was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment and attempted assault.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Daily Pledge: Matthew from Clay – September 23rd
- No more Uncle Ben’s, Mars reveals new name for rice brand
- Wolfpack offensive line packing away the ‘pancakes’
- Picture of the Day: 9/23/20
- WATCH: Warmer, breezy, pleasant first full day of Fall
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9