SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A 15-year-old Henninger High School student has been arrested after police say he lit a 14-year-old girl’s hair on fire.
Syracuse Police say the teen was walking by the girl around noon when he lit a lighter near her hair. It caught on fire, but was quickly put out. The victim was not injured, but is now missing a patch of hair.
The teen boy was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment and attempted assault.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse residents can learn more about lead ordinance at Feb. 12 meeting
- New York State marijuana bill could bring higher possession threshold
- Newhouse School of Public Communications to host inclusion forum
- Daily Pledge: Lyncourt School, 1st Grade, Ms. Rowan – January 29th
- Search continues for missing SU student
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9