SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Honor Flight Syracuse announced on Tuesday that they have decided to cancel all planned missions in 2020.
This is in accordance with the Honor Flight Network policy. Because of this, there will be no fall flight this year.
“While this is deeply saddening, it is just not prudent for Honor Flight to risk the health and safety of those we seek to honor at this point,” said a press release from Honor Flight Syracuse.
Individuals who had been planning to travel on Mission 15 will receive communication regarding the trip. At this point, it has been planned for April of 2021.
Honor Flight Syracuse will continue to accept deceased veterans to be honored with a Flags of Our Heroes Ceremony on the next planned mission.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Milk giveaway to be held Tuesday in Fulton
- Surprise for Skaneateles Volunteer Fire Department member of 60 years
- Bills CB E.J. Gaines opts out of 2020 season
- Bills S Jordan Poyer says team facility is like “night and day different”
- Bills QB Josh Allen improving from year two to year three
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.