SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Hundreds of people across Central New York will fill the Oncenter on September 28, 2019, at 6 p.m. for the 2019 MercyWorks Gala. Organizers will honor the life and legacy of Clarence Jordan, a life-long philanthropist, former Director of Development for MercyWorks and a visionary who empowered people across the country.
The goal of the event is to benefit youth at the Clarence Jordan Vision Center on South Salina Street in Syracuse. The center reaches youth and under-served individuals of Syracuse to improve performance in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Tim Tebow is this year’s keynote speaker. Organizers say his personal mission is to help build the future generation. To purchase tickets for the event, click here. There will be several major announcements about the progress of the Clarence Jordan Vision Center at the event. If you attend the gala, you have the opportunity to enjoy:
- V.I.P. event with Tim Tebow (75 exclusive tickets available with option for signing)
- Opportunity to pre-submit a question and appear on-stage with Tim Tebow (based on sponsorship level, limited quanity)
- Silent Auction
- Live Band
- Cash Bar
MercyWorks is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. It facilitates vision-based programs that focus on academic achievement, character development, technical training, and employment skills. MercyWorks runs eight after school programs out of the Clarence Jordan Vision Center.
To learn more about MercyWorks and its programs, click here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Traffic Alert: Bridge deck repairs bring I-81 southbound down to one lane through City of Syracuse
- Storm Team Academy: How hurricanes form
- Rochester radio hosts of ‘Kimberly and Beck’ fired after racially charged comments
- Money in Your Pocket Minute: 6/3/2020
- News on the Go: Wednesday 6/3/2020
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9