SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The I-81 northbound ramp to I-690 westbound will close on Thursday, May 28 and Friday, May 29 for repairs.
Closures are in effect from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. while emergency roadway repairs are made on bridge decks and joints.
A signed detour will be in place directing I-81 northbound traffic to I-690 eastbound, to the Teall Avenue exit, where traffic can re-enter I-690 westbound.
Single lane closures will also be in place along I-690 westbound from the I-81 interchange to West Street.
Drivers should use caution when traveling through highway work zones and pay attention to all traffic control devices. Fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone.
Rain dates for the road work are Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ALERT: Heat Advisory issued for parts of CNY Tuesday
- WATCH: More heat and humidity to start the new week
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.