UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Congressman Anthony Brindisi says changes have been made to Instagram directly resulting from the death of a Utica teenager.
Bianca Devins was killed in July. Photos of her dead body were shared across social media and sent to her family repeatedly.
Brindisi says that’s going to change in the future. Instagram users will have the option to block direct messages coming from strangers.
Cicero native Brandon Clark pleaded guilty on Monday to Devins’ murder. He is scheduled to be sentenced April 6 and is facing 25 years to life in prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- No. 6 Florida State rallies past No. 11 Louisville 82-67
- WATCH: Rain to return to central New York
- Syracuse Police Department investigating stabbing
- State police plan body camera pilot program, official says
- Mitchell Stephens and Cameron Gaunce return to Syracuse Crunch
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9