ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Ithaca City School District Board of education has approved the end dates for the 2019-2020 school year.
Because of New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo’s executive order that required the district to hold remote learning during spring break, ICSD can end the school year a week early.
The last day for student instruction will be Tuesday, June 16, and the last day of 10-month employees will be Friday, June 19.
● Monday, May 25: Memorial Day Recess
● Monday, June 8: Begin Closure Conversations/Conferences and Culminating
● Tuesday, June 16: Last Day for Students
● Friday, June 19: Last Day for 10-Month Employees
● Thursday, June 25: Last Day for School Year Meal Delivery
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Police investigate shooting incident in North Syracuse
- NY Governor addresses looting and criminal activity issues
- Black bear caught on camera in Town of Clay
- SAT drops plans for home exam amid internet access concerns
- Syracuse athletes can begin returning to school June 8 for voluntary workouts
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.