ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — For the sixth time in the month of June, the Ithaca Fire Department’s Rope Rescue Team was called into action.
On Tuesday, around 4:45 p.m., the team was dispatched to the 30 foot dam off Giles Street for an injured swimmer who was still in the water. The injured woman was being held up by the people she was with. The Ropes Team was able to secure the woman on a backboard and put her in a rescue basket before taking her back up the ravine. She was then taken to an area hospital.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tear gas, clashes in Beirut amid fury over massive blast
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.