ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An admitted tax cheat has been faced with up to three years in prison and a $250,000 fine after pleading guilty in Syracuse Federal Court.
William Harrell, 58, of Ithaca, admitted that he failed to report nearly $4 million in income for his construction and remodeling business.
He also admitted to avoiding paying more than $400,000 in federal income taxes.
Harrell will be sentenced in June.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Incoming El Paso County DA to terminate 30 prosecutors, assistant DA says
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- NYC bar owner who defied coronavirus restrictions arrested
- Tenney campaign wants judge to order elections officials to certify results that show her the winner
- Dozens of COVID-19 cases and three deaths at Elderwood at Liverpool
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9