ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Ithaca Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that happened Tuesday night on North Tioga Street.
According to police, the two victims were walking along the 400-block of North Tioga Street just after 8:30 p.m., when they were approached by two male suspects, who both displayed handguns. The suspects demanded the victims’ property. One victim was punched in the face by one of the suspects, who then both left the area on foot, heading south.
One suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, standing about 6’1” with a skinny build and wearing dark clothing.
The second suspect is described as a black male between 5’7” and 5’10”, around 30 years old, with a heavy build, and also wearing dark clothing.
Neither victim was injured and police believe it was a random incident.
Anyone with information can contact the Ithaca Police Department at (607) 330-0000.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Driver in critical condition after crash on I-481 South
- Cortland County leaders address COVID-19 case surge
- COVID-19 testing available in Madison County on Thursday by appointment
- Border hospitals running out of room with ‘tsunami’ of new COVID-19 patients
- Bills hoping to get LB Matt Milano back after fighting through multiple injuries already
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.