JAMESVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — No swimming is allowed at the Jamesville Beach County Park until further notice.
The Onondaga County Health Department has reported that an algal bloom was spotted in the water. Samples of the water were taken and are being tested for toxins.
Certain types of algae can cause skin or eye irritation and cause vomiting and diarrhea. People and pets should stay out of the water.
All other facilities of the park are open and visitors are reminded about rules concerning social distancing and wearing masks.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- Immigration agency bans in-person interpreters at asylum interviews due to coronavirus fears
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Pattern change will likely bring some relief to drought-stricken parts of CNY
- Police investigating after man dies in Herkimer Street shooting
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9