JAMESVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Quarantining and social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic can make celebrating birthdays especially difficult. However, one community in Jamesville recently came together to ensure that one pair of twins’ birthdays did not go un-celebrated.
Karin Beickert has two seven-year-old twin girls and planning a traditional birthday party would be impossible under the social distancing guidelines, so she turned to Facebook for help.
Beickert posted in her neighborhood Facebook group, and the neighborhood responded in a big way.
Over 40 families in the neighborhood posted signs on their doors and wrote messages on their driveway in chalk to make sure the twins’ special day was not forgotten.
The twins took in all the birthday wishes as they took a walk around the neighborhood.
According to their mother, the twins said it was the best birthday present ever.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Look closely to see a comet in the sky at dusk and dawn!
- Central New York Diaper Bank hosts third diaper giveaway of the year
- Boeheim’s Army crumbles in second half, falls 65-48 against Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament
- New social justice group, Rebirth SYR, hosts meet and greet in preparation of Monday’s protest
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Syracuse bar Tommy’s Park
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9