SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse rocker Jimmy Cavallo has died at 92. He was introduced to the world in 1956, in the rock and roll feature, ‘Rock! Rock! Rock!’
Cavallo was the first inductee named to the Syracuse Area Music Awards Hall of Fame in 1993.
He continued to play saxophone past 90 and returned to Syracuse often to play at Festa Italiana.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 2 people shot in Town of Salina, one in critical condition
- SUNY Morrisville Norwich Campus holds drive-thru commencement
- Source: Suspect in tractor-trailer chase in Geneseo shot and killed by police
- Heritage Hill Brewhouse set to open their outdoor seating area
- 1 dead after car catches on fire following police pursuit in Oswego County
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9