SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse rocker Jimmy Cavallo has died at 92. He was introduced to the world in 1956, in the rock and roll feature, ‘Rock! Rock! Rock!’
Cavallo was the first inductee named to the Syracuse Area Music Awards Hall of Fame in 1993.
He continued to play saxophone past 90 and returned to Syracuse often to play at Festa Italiana.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Steady snow (and rain) moving out; wind and lake effect Sunday
- Is a White Christmas in central New York’s future?
- Liverpool hands Corcoran first loss of season on Romeo Clarke buzzer beater
- Cazenovia remains unbeaten taking down PSLA at Fowler
- Westhill gets first win of the year as Zechariah Brown hits the 1,000 point milestone
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9