NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Congressman Anthony Brindisi and John Katko have sent a letter to the chairs of the agency that regulates water levels on Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence River.
This agency is the International Joint Commission.
In the letter, the two called on IJC to keep outflows from the Moses-Saunders Dam maintained above Plan 2014 limits.
This comes as water levels on the lake are approaching historic proportions.
Recent estimates from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project that levels on Lake Ontario will either reach or exceed those from last year.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Daily Pledge: Fremont Elementary School, 5th Grade, Ms. Polak – February 19th
- WATCH: Two rounds of lake effect snow will impact CNY Wednesday and Thursday
- OCC men and women close out regular season with a pair of wins
- CBA/JD opens the Section III postseason with win over Cazenovia
- F-M product Anthony Angello scores first NHL goal with the Pittsburgh Penguins
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9