NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Congressman Anthony Brindisi and John Katko have sent a letter to the chairs of the agency that regulates water levels on Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence River.
This agency is the International Joint Commission.
In the letter, the two called on IJC to keep outflows from the Moses-Saunders Dam maintained above Plan 2014 limits.
This comes as water levels on the lake are approaching historic proportions.
Recent estimates from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project that levels on Lake Ontario will either reach or exceed those from last year.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Humidity up for Friday but any storms scattered
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh joins peaceful protests on Thursday
- Report: State police officers allegedly murder Juarez man who accused them of theft
- National Guard troops to prevent further looting in Southern California
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9