Kitchen fire at Bennett Manor Apartments

Local News

EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A kitchen fire caused a couple of problems for the Bennett Manor Apartments in East Syracuse on Thursday, forcing tenants and everyone else inside to evacuate.

The call came in around 10 a.m. A few people were treated for smoke inhalation, but the fire department says there were no serious injuries.

“When we get them into the sun, obviously, that takes over fairly quick, especially with the elderly. So we got them into the first-floor community room as fast as we could, handed out some water. We’ll evaluate everybody. EAVES is handling that for us, so we just go on their recommendations,” said East Syracuse Fire Chief Mike Cramer.

The chief says it looks like a pan on the stove started the fire.


For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area