TOWN OF SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A big law enforcement presence was in the Town of Salina on Tuesday night following a shots fired call.
According to the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, the scene was located on the 100 block of Dexter Ave. just off Buckley Road, officers responded to the scene just after 8:30 p.m.
According to Sgt. Jon Seeber with the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, two vehicles fled the scene, and one of the vehicles was located at the dead end of Dexter Avenue.
The sheriff’s office reports they located the operator of the vehicle that was at the dead end, and the person is cooperating with the investigation.
After further investigation, detectives say the vehicle at the dead end was struck by multiple gunshots, along with one residence on the street.
According to a release, no injuries were reported from the scene.
The investigation is ongoing, anyone with information should call the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 315-435-3051 or utilize the tip411 app.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
- WATCH: Clear with a frosty chill and record cold possible tonight
- Time stands still at Thousand Island Park
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9