A large-scale circus, along with other animal shows, will be on display for fairgoers this year at the 2017 Great New York State Fair.
Circus Hollywood returns after an absence of several years, bringing with it all of the trained animal acts, daring aerial performances, and comic relief of the classic circus experience.
Traveling with Circus Hollywood are partner acts the Giraffic Park Menagerie Petting Zoo and the Hollywood Racing Pigs. The petting zoo features exotic animals such as a giraffe and kangaroos, while the humorously-named racing pigs provide a burst of energy and comedy.
“One of our largest priorities this year was to refresh our entertainment lineup just as the Fairgrounds itself has been refreshed by all of the changes. We’re very happy to bring back a big circus, along with the petting zoo and racing pig, and I know these will give our fairgoers great entertainment and some brand new memories,” said acting Fair director Troy Waffner.
Another popular animal attraction, the Birds of Prey exhibit in the State Park at the Fair, will return this year as well.
They join seven previously announced grounds entertainment shows:
- Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean, a swashbuckling swordfight set on a high wire above a replica pirate ship
- Top Cop Police Academy high dive show, featuring five divers plunging into a shallow pool from ever-increasing heights
- iFlip, an aerial show featuring performers on bungee cords and trampolines, ending with a dangerous 60 foot fall into a stuntman airbag
- Hilby the Skinny German Juggling Boy, the Fair’s most popular grounds show, which features the German-accented juggler mixing comedy with great skill
- Bandaloni the One Man Band, who packs an amazing number of instruments onto his body and plays them with amazing skill and a touch of humor
- Team Sandtastic, the duo that creates the annual Sand Sculpture in the Center of Progress Building
- The annual fireworks show that ends the Fair on Labor Day, from Majestic Fireworks of Clinton, NY.
Most acts will perform three times per day. Schedules will be posted on the Fair’s website when they are complete. All grounds entertainment performances are free with Fair admission.