GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Great New York State Fair’s Latino Village Weekend will be four days this year, running Friday, August 30th through Monday, September 2nd.
The event, in its third year, will also have a new home: In front of the Youth Building. The move allows organizers to use the Talent Showcase Stage.
The schedule of events is as follows:
- El Potro Doney, 6 p.m. Friday, August 30. El Potro Doney sings popular ranchera music, a genre of the traditional music of Mexico that tends to highlight the beauty of the country and its people
- Grupo Karis, 8 p.m. Friday, August 30. Grupo Karis’ merengue hits were a staple of tropical radio in the 90s
- Kevin Tapia, 6 p.m. Saturday, August 31. Kevin Tapia is a rising Latin pop and reggaeton singer from New York City
- Calle Uno, 8 p.m. Saturday, August 31. Calle Uno is a popular group from Upstate New York that plays salsa, merengue and bachata, among Latin music styles
- CNY Drag Queens, 6 p.m. Sunday, September 1, followed by National Latino Drag Queens at 8 p.m.
- International Youth Talent Show, 5:30 p.m. Monday, September 2
- Trio Los Claveles, 6 p.m. Monday, September 2. Rochester’s Trio Los Claveles plays boleros, bachata, merengue, salsa, Latin jazz and other Latin rhythms
- Grupo Pagán, 7:30 p.m. Monday, September 2. Syracuse’s Grupo Pagán blends diverse backgrounds to create a high-energy sound, with influences including Santana, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, Sade, Marc Anthony, War and beyond
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9