ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — If you were thinking of taking a Lime Bike for a spin around the City of Ithaca over the next coming months, you are out of luck.
A company spokesperson told NewsChannel 9 that the company is leaving the city.
They cited the challenges of operating and sustaining long-term service. And while there are no plans to return, the company said they rarely close a door on returning to cities.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: More sun, heat and humidity to start the new week
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.