LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Liverpool Public Library hosted a grand reopening and ribbon cutting on Friday to celebrate the finished renovations.
The library has been going through changes since last summer, but now the renovations have been completed.
“Through community conversations, and staff meetings, and surveys, we drilled down into what we could do to better serve our community,” said Glenna Wisniewski. “And part of it was re-imagining the physical look of the library, so we had to look at our physical space here. So, it was pretty much driver by our strategic plan.”
Some of the new features include quiet study rooms, a large multi-purpose and collaborative room, and a business center.
As of Friday, the library is open and ready to use.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
- Alternative Baseball Organization wants to come to Syracuse
- 2 adults, 5 children sent to hospital after crash in Oneida County
- Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest contestants weigh-in on Friday
- Reasons why you may not have received your unemployment benefits yet after filing
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9