LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Liverpool Public Library hosted a grand reopening and ribbon cutting on Friday to celebrate the finished renovations.
The library has been going through changes since last summer, but now the renovations have been completed.
“Through community conversations, and staff meetings, and surveys, we drilled down into what we could do to better serve our community,” said Glenna Wisniewski. “And part of it was re-imagining the physical look of the library, so we had to look at our physical space here. So, it was pretty much driver by our strategic plan.”
Some of the new features include quiet study rooms, a large multi-purpose and collaborative room, and a business center.
As of Friday, the library is open and ready to use.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
- ‘Spectacular’ bright-orange bat species discovered
- Feeling lucky? Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots both over $600 million
- Facebook banning ads for gun accessories until after Inauguration Day
- “We took it as a challenge.” Defense answers bell by slowing down Lamar Jackson
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9