ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Sheriff’s office says a Liverpool woman has been charged with DWI after crashing into a Sheriff’s patrol vehicle at the intersection of Buckley Road and Seventh North Street in the Town of Salina.
It happened just before 2 a.m. on Friday.
A Sheriff’s deputy was on patrol when a Chevrolet Equinox passed a red light at that intersection and struck the patrol vehicle. The deputy operating the patrol car was not injured.
The driver of the Equinox, Koketso Ratala, 35, of Liverpool, suffered a minor injury in the crash and was determined to be intoxicated.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Local pageant girl raising awareness for National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- The ‘Great Reshuffling’? 11 percent of Americans say they moved in 2020, survey finds
- Oswego to hold vaccine clinic Wednesday
- Public health alert issued for raw ground turkey from Wegmans
- Syracuse City School District to resume in-person learning Monday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9