SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Local gas prices appear to be inching awfully close to the national average.
The national average is now $3.80, up $0.04 from October 31.
Local drivers are now fearing that gas prices in Central New York will rise above the national average.
New York’s average is now $3.87, up $0.05 from October 31.
On October 31, 2021, the New York average was $3.56.
On average, Syracuse residents are paying $3.78, up $0.05 from last week.
Prices of Gas Around CNY and WNY
- Batavia – $3.78 (up 3 cents from last week)
- Buffalo – $3.78 (up 2 cents from last week)
- Elmira – $3.77 (up 1 cent from last week)
- Ithaca – $3.81 (up 1 cent from last week)
- Rochester – $3.82 (up 3 cents from last week)
- Rome – $3.89 (up 4 cents from last week)
- Syracuse – $3.78 (up 5 cents from last week)
- Watertown – $3.90 (up 7 cents from last week)
AAA also shares that Diesel fuel prices remain elevated with the national average at $5.34, up from $3.64 one year ago.
The New York average for diesel is $5.90 compared to $3.75 one year ago.
According to AAA, crude gas prices in NY are due to limited supplies in the Northeast.