SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Genesee Grand Hotel is officially changing its name. Beginning on Tuesday, it will be known as Scholar Hotel Syracuse.
The change comes as the hotel transitions with its new ownership.
The Scholar Hotel Group bought the Genesee Grand in October 2018 and began renovations. There will be 107 standard hotel rooms, 52 extended stay rooms, and 8,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. The lobby, restaurant, and lounge were also renovated. There is also a 24-hour market, fitness center, and self-service business center.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- City of Oswego set for Christmas tree lighting and fireworks show Saturday night
- Residents escape house fire in Fulton early Saturday morning
- Firefighters extinguish fire at vacant house in Liverpool Saturday morning
- News on the Go for Saturday, November 28th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for November, 28th 2020
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9