LYSANDER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Beginning June 1 of this year, the Lysander Youth Hockey Association will be able to take over the Lysander rink.
The two had spent months negotiating the lease.
The new lease means all proceeds from any rink rentals, bar and restaurant sales, sponsorship and fundraising support from the complex will go back to the association.
With big changes already in the works, the association plans to turn Rink 1 into a synthetic turf field, which will be available for year-round use.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Military plane conducts touch and go exercises at airport
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Positives and negatives from Bills defense against Dolphins
- Study: Manufacturing leads economic recovery in border region
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9