CAYUGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Cayuga County Sheriff’s Deputies say Heriberto Perez-Velasquez, 31, of Savannah, was drunk when he crashed into the back of a compact tractor in the Village of Weedsport on Sunday, killing Mark Knapp, 59.
Perez-Velasquez has been charged with vehicular manslaughter, DWI and leaving the scene of an accident. Sheriff’s Deputies say he does not have a driver’s license.
Police say Perez-Velasquez is an undocumented immigrant from Guatemala and has a pending charge for an aggravated DWI arrest in Wayne County last month. He is currently being held on $50,000 bail and is due back in court on Friday.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Milk giveaway to be held Tuesday in Fulton
- Surprise for Skaneateles Volunteer Fire Department member of 60 years
- Bills CB E.J. Gaines opts out of 2020 season
- Bills S Jordan Poyer says team facility is like “night and day different”
- Bills QB Josh Allen improving from year two to year three
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9