CAYUGA COUNTY, NY (WSYR-TV) — A jury found 37-year-old Floyd Chavis guilty of heroin possession and possessing a stolen assault rifle on Tuesday.
Chavis’ trial lasted nine days and he was found guilty on all counts. He now faces up to twelve years in prison.
It was just after noon on February 19 of last year when Auburn Police and the Finger Lakes Drug Task Force raided an apartment on Orchard Street.
The case stemmed from an investigation into illegal drug sales in Cayuga County.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- WATCH: Cold overnight before snow returns Saturday
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
- Oneida County Overdose Response Team issues spike alert
- Lessons from the Ring: Tell Me Something Good
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9