CAYUGA COUNTY, NY (WSYR-TV) — A jury found 37-year-old Floyd Chavis guilty of heroin possession and possessing a stolen assault rifle on Tuesday.
Chavis’ trial lasted nine days and he was found guilty on all counts. He now faces up to twelve years in prison.
It was just after noon on February 19 of last year when Auburn Police and the Finger Lakes Drug Task Force raided an apartment on Orchard Street.
The case stemmed from an investigation into illegal drug sales in Cayuga County.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills rookie CB Dane Jackson steps up in his first NFL start
- Tyler Kroft avoids COVID-19 exposure while his wife Lexi gave birth to their baby girl
- WATCH: Damp and cool start to the last week of October
- Several potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Cortland County Sunday
- WATCH: 24th Congressional Debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9