UTICA, NY (WSYR-TV) — A man was struck by a bullet while sitting in his car in Utica Wednesday night.
Utica Police responded to a shots fired call on the 700 block of Roberts street at approximately 8:30 p.m.
Utica Police say 21-year-old Daryun Prescod was in his vehicle on the roadway when he heard gunfire, and then noticed he had been struck.
Prescod was transported by the Utica Fire Department to a local hospital. His injuries are non-life-threatening.
At this time there is no suspect information and the investigation is on-going.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Utica Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 315-223-3510.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo to update New Yorkers on COVID-19 response at 11 a.m.
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Health care workers buckle down for predicted holiday COVID spikes
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9