FULTON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Fulton Police have identified the man who was struck by a tractor-trailer Friday night and later died.
Police said 49-year-old James R. Cole of Fulton was attempting to cross the road when he was hit by the vehicle at approximately 8:10 p.m. near the intersection of State Route 481 and County Route 57 (Van Buren Street).
Cole was transported to the Upstate University Hospital but later died from his injuries.
Oswego County 911 dispatchers had originally told NewsChannel 9 that Cole man was conscious and breathing when he was transported from the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer was issued and passed a field sobriety test, according to police.
No tickets have been issued at this time.
New York State Police and the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office assisted with investigating the crash.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- News on the Go for Saturday, October 24th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, October 24th!
- WATCH: Much cooler and breezy Saturday
- Baldwinsville edges Liverpool in boys soccer
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9