DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A case that made national headlines is coming back to the surface this week, as serial kidnapper and rapist John Jamelske is up for parole.
Jamelske has been in prison for the last 17 years for kidnapping five women over the course of 15 years, and holding them captive in a concrete bunker below his DeWitt home.
The women were used as sex slaves and were randomly freed.
In April of 2003, the last victim was able to slip away and call for help, leading police right to Jamelske. He was sentenced 18 to 99 years in prison. He’s now 85 years old.
Jamelske is set to meet with the parole board sometime this week.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Bills legend Darryl Talley talks Bills-Ravens ahead of Saturday’s divisional matchup
- Former CBA standout Stevie Scott declares for the NFL Draft