Update 9 p.m. Wednesday: According to Manlius Police, Willie Jones called authorities and told them to come and get him.
Jones was at his mother’s house on Roney Lane on Syracuse’s southside.
Update 4:55 p.m. Wednesday: Manlius Police say they have caught and arrested Willie Jones, the man they were on the lookout for after he escaped parole officers on Wednesday.
MANLIUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Willie Jones, a man who escaped his parole officers in the Village of Manlius Wednesday, has been caught and arrested, according to Manlius Police.
Manlius Police issued an alert for residents to be on the lookout for a wanted person in the village. According to a post to their Facebook page, there was a heavy police presence in the area of Route 92 and Route 257 in the Village of Manlius around 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Police were looking for a subject with a violent criminal history, however, he is currently wanted for a non-violent crime.
Police say the man, Willie Jones, escaped from parole officers from his residence at East Gate Apartments wearing only boxer shorts.
Jones was caught and brought into custody at approximately 4:55 p.m. on Wednesday.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NYS COVID-19 Update: Hot spot in Chemung County sees spike in Saturday’s test results
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Views on immigration, border wall set New Mexico congressional candidates apart
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.